Conferences that solve current IT challenges
IT Infrastructure & Operations Management
Strategies to help IT best align operations and infrastructure management to business needs
March 28, 2012
7 CPE / 0.7 CEU / CISSP / 7 PDU Credits Awarded
Conference location: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Rosemont (O'Hare) Illinois
What You Will Learn
In this one day conference attendees will learn:
ITIL and Process Improvement
Managing Exponential Data Growth
The Impact of Mobility
How to Modernize Your Data Center
How to Build an Infrastructure Cost Model
How to Change the Culture of Infrastructure and Operations
8:00am - 9:00am - Registration and Continental Breakfast
How to Build a Framework for IT Infrastructure and Operational Excellence
Dr. Diego Zamboni, Senior Security Advisor, CFEngine; Computer Scientist, Consultant, Programmer, Sysadmin, Author
In order to achieve IT Infrastructure and Operational Excellence IT organizations needs to build a solid framework as a foundation to help move forward.
In this session attendees will learn:
- How to build a maturity model that evaluates dimensions of people, process, technology and business issues
- How to correlate these items to business value
- How each step forward leads to increased enterprise value
- How to determine ROI of each dimension
10:00am -10:30am - Refreshment Break
How to Leverage Cloud Computing for Business & Operational Benefit
Doug Miller, Chief Marketing Officer, VaraLogix
Cloud computing is as much of a business
decision as it is an IT decision. Some may argue
that this disruptive technology has greater
business benefit than IT benefit. Either way,
leveraging cloud computing effectively can lead
to significant business and operational benefit.
In this session attendees will learn how to leverage cloud computing to:
- Gain competitive advantage for the enterprise
- Align IT with business goals
- Increase scalability and flexibility
- Leverage extended investments in legacy applications and systems
- Achieve faster time-to-market
- Improve customer relations
Agility or Chaos: A New Service Centric IT Operations Paradigm
Floyd Strimling, Cloud Technical Evangelist, WW SE Director, Zenoss, Inc.
While technologies such as virtualization,
software defined networking, converged
infrastructures and fabrics, orchestration,
automation, and more invade your IT
infrastructure, your agility may increase but so
too does the complexity. To make matters worse,
the pace of change is increasing while the
consumerization if IT is bringing new people to
the IT table. IT Operations requires a new
paradigm that provides a proactive and service
centric approach to organize this chaos into the
agility your company desires.
Come learn about:
12:30pm - 1:30pm Luncheon
How to Manage the Impact of Big Data in Your IT Operations
Justin Mescher, CTO, Integrated Data Storage
This session will deliver clarity to the noise around big data, and more specifically how it relates to your IT Operations environment.
- What is BIG DATA?
- Challenges that Big Data presents to IT
- How organizations can leverage the opportunities behind big data – recognizing the potential of what you have to work with.
- The ever-growing definition of cloud and how it may change the way you think about Big Data
- Transforming your data into value for your organization via data analytics
- Building the infrastructure you need in your data center to ultimately manage your data to maximize its effectiveness.
2:30pm - 3:00pm - Refreshment Break
How to Manage the Effect of Mobility on IT Operations
Sally Schmidt, Web Solutions Consultant/Project Leader, Heartland Business Systems/Avastone Technologies
Consumerization of IT, Collaboration, Unified
Communications are all changing our levels of communication and
productivity. At the same time, it poses both challenges and
opportunities for IT operations and management.
In this session attendees will learn how to adapt their operations to support the mobile workforce.
Topics that will be covered include:
• How to support users changing needs
• How to prepare for the next generation of users 'the millennials'
• How these changes will impact the responsibilities of operations management
• How it will affect our reach to customers, suppliers and partners
Avoiding the Pitfalls to IT Operations Management Success
David Klauser, BDM, OnX Enterprise Solutions
Panelists will include:
Paul Quaglia, Director, IT Operations, Application Support and Strategic Alliances, Hospira
Matt Stratton, Director of Technology Operations, Apartments.com
Nick Schmidt, Senior Manager, IT, CDW
and other professionals from IT departments.
In this session attendees will learn from enterprise IT operations and infrastructure management professionals as how they are delivering projects to enable business growth.
Each attendee will receive a certificate awarding 7 CPE credits for CISSP continuing education, in addition to 0.7 CEUs and 7 PDUs. CISSP is a registered certification mark of (ISC)², Inc.
As is always the case at CAMP IT Conferences events, the talks will not include
product presentations. During the continental breakfast,
coffee breaks, and the luncheon break you will have the opportunity
to informally meet representatives from the following sponsoring
companies, who have solutions in the area of the conference.